Sunday, January 23, 2011

Edits: Adjustment Layer & Smart Filter

FrostScape, 1/23/2011 – 2:51:27 PM, Just Ouside Rexburg Id, f8.0, 1/640 - Canon PowerShot A570 IS, no flash

Here is my adjustment Layer edit. I had fun on this, the image was a lot darker than I thought when I got it on a computer screen. I used the screen blending mode rather than multiply. I also did the effect twice to get twice as much of the effect. Then I used the Black paintbrush on the sky. After applying the effect, the screen was washed out. By using the black brush I brought back it's detail. I myself found the results pretty cool/good.

FrostBox, 1/23/2011 – 2:55:28 PM, Just Outside Rexburg Id, f5.0, 1/500 - Canon PowerShot A570 IS, no flash

I thought this picture was kinda cool with no effects. I was surprised by some of the effects, because of the levels were applied right I could have made the image very much more of a sharp image, and kept it as a photo rather than more of a decorative. I really like the effect just as it is too though. I used the texturizer and poster edges filter on this image. I was also reminded to flatten the image before saving as a jpg after my first save was very different than it had looked in photoshop. I also used the mask to remove the effect from the barrel and base that the mailbox is sitting on.

1 comment:

  1. Derek- I love the nature park photo. The sky looks great, and the photo itself is beautiful. It gives off a peaceful, winter feeling. You can really see the difference in the edited version. It looks a lot better. Great job editing, it added a lot to the photo.

    ReplyDelete