Sunday, February 20, 2011

Edits - Template

1.Bike Away, Sunday, ‎February ‎13, ‎2011, ‏‎2:05:16 PM, Home, Scanner

2.The Desert, 10/8/2007 – 4:35:39 PM, Amarillo Tx/Palo Duro Canyon, f4.8, 1/640 - HP Photosmart M415 





















These images were two of my favorite, and I liked that I had the opportunity to use at least one old image again. The second one, directly above, was taken on my mission when I had no idea how to take pictures, so it turned out very well. I increased the sats just a little bit to bring out the blue in the sky. I also used my default template that was white, and just inverted the colors to make the image come out of the background. The first image was one of my scans. It was something I personally thought was very nice. I also love to bike when i get the chance. With the dark background, it made a very nice contrast with the white background of my template. I created a signature stamp as well, which is more or less just  a logo because I have terrible handwriting. I created the template using the steps outlined in #36 in the manual. More specifcally, I created a layer and filled it with white, added a shape layer with rectangles, then brought in my image as it's own layer, put it on top of the shapes layer, and created a clipping mask. Those are most the steps in short anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Derek I REALLY love the fine art template of the gears and chains!!! The thing that I love so much about the fine art template is you can create 5 pictures from the one picture! You didn't waste a single frame in the template! Each one had it's own story to tell!! You always have really great work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete